There are currently no local (i.e., local, non-municipal) projects underway by the FDA.
- FDA Electoral Process Review of the Alberta Local Authorities Election Act as Pertaining to the 2013 and 2010 Calgary Mayoral Elections (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
This report will compare Alberta’s municipal electoral finance processes with the financial realities of the 2010 and 2013 Calgary Mayoral Elections, and show the significant role finance plays in Calgary mayoral elections.
Provincial / State
- FDA Process Review of the Alberta Municipal Levies in terms of Democratic Fairness (Alberta, Canada)
This report focuses on the Section 648 of the Alberta Municipal Government Act, which pertains to the financing of hard and soft infrastructure levies, and how Section 648 favours certain interests in Alberta.
- FDA Process Review of the Veterans Affairs and Appeal Board and the Brian Bradley Case Study (Canada)
This report focuses on the Canadian federal government’s processes for dealing with appeals to decisions on Canadian veterans’ disability pensions and the twenty-year ordeal of Brian Bradley.
- The FDA is in the process of forming an associate organization, which will act as a political arm (Canada)
This new organization will provide a direct means for FDA policies and ideas on electoral and democracy reform to be implemented in Canada.
International (Specific countries)
There are currently no international projects (i.e., projects focusing on a specific country other than Canada) underway by the FDA.
- FDA Global Electoral Fairness Audit (45 countries)
The purposes of the FDA Global Audit are to further establish international democratic standard and a ranking of a significant group of countries which hold political elections. The Audit is based on research and analysis of 6 variables which are critical to a viable people-based democracy.
There are currently no ‘other’ projects (i.e., projects that do not fit into one of the other categories) underway by the FDA.
For More Information
Want to get involved in any of these projects? Have questions or comments about a project? Want more project details? Contact the FDA – we’d love to hear from you!